The Schwinn Airdyne AD2 is a solid stationary bike. The most impressive feature is the fan wheel, which offers an unlimited number of resistance levels. The moving arm bars allow you to exercise different muscles than what you're used to on an exercise bike, allowing for total body workouts.
Is the Schwinn Airdyne AD2 best for you?
The Schwinn Airdyne AD2 comes with ample features to give you a first-class workout. It lets you exercise your entire body all at once while providing an infinite number of resistance levels. Plus, you can still cool the entire time thanks to the built-in fan that offers a comfortable, cooling effect.
It's a great choice for anyone wanting a great workout. It doesn't come with certain features you may be used to, like a water bottle holder, but it's compact size allows you to find a place for it anywhere in your home. It also doesn't need to be plugged in, so you don't need to worry about having it near an outlet. This bike allows you to save money while getting in an awesome workout from the comfort of your home.
Consider Schwinn Airdyne AD2 if...
- You need a total body workout. The Schwinn Airdyne AD2 comes with moving arm bars. This gives your arms as much of a workout as your legs for more comprehensive cardiovascular exercise.
- You want a bike that can go anywhere. This stationary bike doesn't have to be plugged in. You just need 2 AA batteries to power the console.
- You like infinite resistance levels. As an air bike, you pedal against a fan wheel. This provides countless resistance levels, so you're all set whether you want a gentle workout or a more intense regimen.
Avoid Schwinn Airdyne AD2 if...
- You want a water bottle holder. A lot of workout equipment comes with a water bottle holder so that you can stay hydrated as you exercise. Unfortunately, no such feature comes with the Airdyne AD2.
- You like built-in speakers. Some stationary bikes allow you to plug in your MP3 player to listen to music over the device itself. None of that comes with this particular model.
- You like syncing workout data to your phone. Bluetooth compatibility is one of the most impressive features you find with contemporary bikes. You can't do that here.
Schwinn Airdyne AD2 pros & cons
- Smooth pedaling
- LCD computer display
- Infinite resistance levels
- Transport wheels
- No training programs
- Minimal amenities
Construction and design
- Seat: A padded seat keeps you cozy even if you work out for a while.
- Pedals: The pedals come with straps to keep your feet secure as you exercise.
- Handlebars: Moving handlebars allow you to give your arms a great workout, too. Therefore, you can attain a full-body regimen that focuses on several different muscle groups.
- Console: The LCD console display shows off several vital stats, including calories, time, distance, RPM, and speed.
- Built-in Programs: There are no built-in programs with this bike.
Key Schwinn Airdyne AD2 Specs
Reasons to buy Schwinn Airdyne AD2?
- You require simple assembly. The Schwinn Airdyne AD2 is easy to put together, which is great if you live by yourself and don't have anyone to assist you.
- You're limited on space. This bike boasts a compact design, easily fitting in the smallest homes, including apartments.
- You're on a budget. The Schwinn Airdyne AD2 is among the most affordable within this particular series. While it's lacking some features, it's great for people who just want a solid workout and need to save some money.
Reasons to avoid Schwinn Airdyne AD2?
- You're heavier. This bike only supports weights of up to 250 pounds. It doesn't support much more than that, so you may need to look into something more resilient if you fall into that category.
- You want training programs. While there are infinite resistance levels, there are no training programs. Some bikes have settings that focus on weight loss or heart rate. You're on your own with this bike.
What real Schwinn Airdyne AD2 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Schwinn Airdyne AD2 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Schwinn Airdyne AD2 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "It seems to be really well-made, sturdy, easy to adjust, does not shake to much."
- "I particularly like the electronic meter."
- "This is also the perfect machine for condos! It doesn't take up much space and [it's] easy to move."
- "Easy to assemble and NO issues!"
- "I like that you can vary to degree of exertion simply by varying the speed."
What reviewers dislike
- "It’s disappointing that Schwinn didn’t include Bluetooth and other options that are available on their recumbent and traditional upright exercise bikes."
- "The number one complaint about this bike is the creaking/grinding in the axle after a week or two of use."
- "I do not feel as comfortable on this bike as I did my Weslo."
- "When using the bike, I have missed phone calls, had to really turn up the volume on the TV because of the noise generated."
- "After some use, the seat does become loose so you'd have [to] routinely tighten it."
The Schwinn Airdyne AD2 is a high-quality air bike that allows you to exercise on your own terms. The primary selling point is the moving handlebars, which really force you to work out your arms as well as your legs. As such, you receive a more comprehensive workout and build muscles that may be ignored on other machines.
The fan wheel and saddle are also nice, but the bike is missing some common features. There are no speakers or water bottle holders to be found here. This may be an inconvenience to some who want the ultimate in luxury. But when you look at the price, you may decide you can go without some of those extras.
Where to buy Schwinn Airdyne AD2
You can buy a Schwinn Airdyne AD2 from Amazon for a great price. Amazon makes it easy to compare other Schwinn exercise bikes, as well. Your purchase of a Schwinn Airdyne AD2 on Amazon comes with their fast, free shipping!