The Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike provides all the benefits you need out of an indoor bike. The 20-pound flywheel and ample exercise programs provide you with various ways to cycle. And the oversized pedals are a great touch for offering greater stability.
Is the Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike best for you?
The Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike has a great, walk-through design, making it the perfect indoor bike for anyone with mobility issues. In addition to the comfortable, ergonomic seat, this bike has a lot of other great features to make you actually excited to work up a sweat.
For starters, the bike boasts 17 preset programs, including ones dedicated to heart health. 8 course profile are offered to give you many different ways to use your bike. And if that wasn't good enough, there's a rack under the seat to hold onto anything you might need while you work out. Plus, the water bottle holder and reading rack are great for people who want everything you need for a stellar workout within arm's reach.
Consider Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike if...
- You need variability. There are many different ways to use this bike. With 17 preset programs and 16 resistance levels, there are constantly new ways to challenge yourself.
- You want an ergonomic seat. The seat on this bike provides ample lumbar support. It helps you get in a solid workout without your back hurting excessively afterward.
- You like all the extras. A basket comes under the seat to hold magazines and books. Many users also appreciate the presence of a water bottle holder and reading rack
Avoid Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike if...
- You don't want to deal with difficult assembly. Some reviewers have pointed out how it can be tough to put this bike together. Apparently, the instructions aren't the clearest in the world, which can make things cumbersome, especially if you're constructing it by yourself.
- You want Bluetooth compatibility. Some recumbent bikes really come with all the bells and whistles, including Bluetooth capabilities. You don't find that here.
- You're on a budget. This bike comes with some nice features. Those come at a price though, and it's a bit more expensive than what other bikes from Schwinn may cost.
Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike pros & cons
- 20-pound flywheel
- Adjustable console and handlebars
- Eddy Current Brake resistance system
- Difficult-to-read instructions
Construction and design
- Seat: The seating system on this bike boasts a padded seat designed for an ergonomic fit. It also features dual-position lumbar support.
- Pedals: The oversized deluxe pedals are great for increasing the amount of control you have when in motion.
- Handlebars: The adjustable handlebars allow you to feel completely comfortable when you go for a ride.
- Console: The console is also adjustable and comes with an LCD screen to show you interval time, RPM, distance, speed, calories, and more.
- Built-in Programs: There are 17 built-in programs you can choose from, and you have the ability to design 2 user profiles.
Key Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike Specs
Reasons to buy Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike?
- You want a quiet workout. Many reviewers have noted how quiet this recumbent bike is. If you live with other people, then you aren't going to disturb them while cycling.
- You want a heavier-duty flywheel. Some recumbent bikes come with a 13-pound flywheel. This one boasts a 20-pound flywheel, which provides for greater resistance.
- You move around a lot. This bike weighs 115 pounds. Fortunately, it comes with transport wheels if you ever need to get it around the house.
Reasons to avoid Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike?
- You want to monitor your heart rate wirelessly. You can check your heart rate on this bike by gripping the handlebars. However, some people prefer to get that stat by means of a strap that goes around the chest.
- You want a longer warranty. 5 years of coverage on the frame isn't much when you consider other exercise bikes protect you for up to 10 years. Schwinn bikes are well-made, but some consumers may want something that's backed up with something a bit more resilient.
What real Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "The menu allows for multiple users so my wife and I both have our own setups."
- "Very solid construction, [convenient] handle in the back for moving around, comfortable seat with good [adjustment] for tall people."
- "The ride is smooth and quiet, the seat comfortable, I adjust the tension as I need it."
- "I am 5'11" and found the seat and seatback to be very comfortable and supportive."
- "For low impact exercise at home this works well. The materials and construction seem solid. Operation feels smooth and it is quiet."
What reviewers dislike
- "The set-up menu and instructions are a little confusing. They assume you know something and it took some trial and error setting up the basic user workout."
- "I'm very technical, but the user manual is not very helpful in configuring the 'custom' circuits, which is a required step when setting up a user."
- "The power plug is flimsy and can be pulled from the machine more easily than I liked."
- "The owner's manual is a joke. I'm having a little bit of frustration getting up to speed with using the programs and setting up my user profile."
- "The computer display isn't very intuitive. I mostly just use it on manual mode, which is fine."
The Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike is great for anyone looking for a low-impact workout. With a number of programs and resistance levels to choose from, you have ample variety. Plus, you can create your own user profile, so you and your partner don't interfere with one another's progress.
Assembly can be a hassle. And it's not the most intuitive bike on the market. But once you get it up-and-running, you can enjoy a great exercise bike with plenty of features to get you coming back.
Where to buy Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike
The Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike is available on Amazon. The site makes it easy to compare and contrast different Schwinn models. So you can determine which one is ideal for your needs.