The Schwinn 430 elliptical is a solid entry-level machine. At an attractive price tag, this model comes with plenty of bells and whistles, including 20 resistance levels, 22 preset programs, and a 20-inch stride. Plus, it's easier than ever to log your progress.
Is the Schwinn 430 Elliptical best for you?
The Schwinn 430 elliptical is a front-drive machine, which is more compact and cost significantly less than rear-drive models. And with Bluetooth, you can effortlessly log your data, meaning you're going to know exactly how many calories you burned and how much distance you covered in each session.
While there are plenty of features to help you work up the most sweat possible, there are also ample entertainment options. The sound system can connect with your MP3 player, and you can listen to all your playlists right from the machine. Plus, the USB charging port allows you to keep your electronic devices fully charged all throughout your workout.
Consider Schwinn 430 Elliptical if...
- You need something on the smaller side. The Schwinn 430 comes in a more compact size compared to other models, like the Sole E35. It's perfect for homes of any size.
- You want ample workout programs. This model includes 22 built-in programs. This gives you plenty of variety to try out a bunch of different types of workouts.
- You like quiet operation. This machine comes with quiet digitally-controlled resistance, making it a great piece of equipment if you live with other people.
Avoid Schwinn 430 Elliptical if...
- You want longer-lasting materials. The pedal rollers are made of plastic as opposed to metal, which lasts longer.
- You prefer automatic resistance. The incline settings on this elliptical are manual in lieu of automatic.
- You'd like a more accurate calorie estimate. Many reviews indicate the calorie count on this elliptical can be off pretty significantly.
Schwinn 430 Elliptical pros & cons
- 20-inch elliptical stride length
- 2 user profiles
- Bluetooth data export
- Sound system with MP3 player compatibility
- Multi-speed cooling fan
- Less ergonomic pedals
- Short warranty
Construction and design
- Flywheel: The Schwinn 430 comes with a 20-pound flywheel that offers adequate resistance.
- Pedals: There are large cushioned footplates on this machine that allow you to stay comfortable as you exercise.
- Handlebars: The moving handlebars come with a slight curve to offer superior hand placement flexibility.
- Console: The console comes with numerous advantageous amenities, such as built-in speakers, a USB charging port, and a shelf.
- Resistance: There are 20 resistance levels to choose from.
- Built-in Programs/Features: There are 22 programs in this machine. This includes 2 fitness tests, 2 user-built programs, 8 heart rate control exercises, and 9 profile modes. There's also the quick-start manual mode.
Key Schwinn 430 Elliptical Specs
Reasons to buy Schwinn 430 Elliptical?
- You have multiple people using the elliptical. With 2 user profiles, you can keep track of your progress while other people in the household do the same.
- You like watching shows from your tablet. With a media shelf, you can have your tablet or smartphone with you as you exercise. You can read a book or watch your favorite shows with ease.
- You like listening to music. With a sound system built into the machine, you can listen to your workout playlists to really get the adrenaline pumping.
Reasons to avoid Schwinn 430 Elliptical?
- You want an elliptical that's easier to find. This model has since been discontinued by Schwinn. You may have a difficult time tracking one down these days.
- You're heavier. A 20-pound flywheel is lighter than what you find with other models. It may not provide as smooth a motion for heavier trainees.
What real Schwinn 430 Elliptical reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Schwinn 430 elliptical receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.8 (across several hundred reviews). Schwinn 430 elliptical scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "After two solid years of nearly daily use we have zero complaints."
- "Quality, simple and built for frequent daily use."
- "The machine is smooth, stable, and nearly silent."
- "It doesn't take up much room, it's pleasant to look at, and delightful to use."
- "I decided on the Schwinn 430 due to it's price and the great overall review rating of almost 5 stars."
What reviewers dislike
- "Some of the assembly instructions will make you scratch your head a bit."
- "The display panel is a little dim and you need to watch out for the cord."
- "I feel that if I were over 6' the stride may feel a bit too short but for me it's fine."
- "The problem with that is my feet consistently come off the foot pad a bit which makes a little noise."
- "If you are over 250 pounds, it may be a little [wobbly]."
The Schwinn 430 elliptical is a great entry-level machine. The fact it comes with Bluetooth capability (that makes it a breeze to play music over the speakers) is a major plus. The great variety of exercise programs is just the icing on the cake.
The only problem is that you may have an issue tracking a Schwinn 430 down. They don't make them anymore, so you have to find one used. While that lowers the price, it means some of the parts may be worn out. It's up to you to decide which qualities of an elliptical mean the most to you.
Where to buy Schwinn 430 Elliptical
Sometimes you can find Schwinn 430 ellipticals on Amazon. However, you can find other Schwinn products on the site to see which machine is best for you.