The Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike helps you get in a solid workout with ample lumbar support to reduce back strain. It supports advanced workout data with a USB connection and holds 8 different profile programs as well as fitness tests and heart rate control workouts.
Is the Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike best for you?
The Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike is great for anyone looking for light cardio workouts. With 17 workout programs and 16 varying levels of resistance, there are plenty of ways you can take your exercises so that you can continually improve on what you've done before.
It also comes with all of the features you've come to expect out of a solid recumbent bike. It boasts a built-in speaker system, allowing you to connect your MP3 player directly to the machine. Other features include a fan, media tray, and water bottle holder. With quiet magnetic resistance, this is a piece of workout equipment you and everyone else in your household can love.
Consider Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike if...
- You need music while you exercise. The Schwinn 250 comes with built-in speakers and an MP3 port. You can listen to your favorite playlists as you work up a sweat.
- You want USB data transfer. This bikes offers advanced fitness tracking. The USB drive can store data, which can then be uploaded onto Schwinn's website. It also works with MyFitnessPal.
- You like ample fitness programs. The bike boasts 17 different workout programs. It includes fitness tests, distance goals, and profile workouts to give you a ton of variety.
Avoid Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike if...
- You don't like a light flywheel. The flywheel on this bike only weighs 13 pounds. You're going to need something heavier if you want greater resistance.
- You don't want to do routine maintenance. The instructions tell you to lubricate certain components once every week. For slightly more expensive exercise bikes, you don't have to really do anything in terms of maintenance.
- You require a longer warranty. The frame on this bike is protected by the warranty for only 5 years. It's more common to find 10-year warranties on Schwinn bikes.
Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike pros & cons
- Padded seat with lumbar support
- 2-speed fan
- Adjustable console
- Telemetry-enabled heart rate system
- Maintenance required
- Uncomfortable for taller people
Construction and design
- Seat: The thickly padded seat comes with bonus lumbar support and side bolsters.
- Pedals: The oversized pedals come with toe straps to provide you with greater stability as you cycle.
- Handlebars: The adjustable handlebars allow you to work out however is most comfortable for you.
- Console: The console is also adjustable and features an integrated fan, utility tray, and water bottle holder.
- Built-in Programs: There are 17 preset programs on this bike, including fitness tests and distance goals.
Key Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike Specs
Reasons to buy Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike?
- You require easy access. The Schwinn 250 is low to the ground and features a walk-through design. This makes it simpler for individuals with mobility issues to access the bike.
- You need quiet equipment. This bike uses quiet magnetic resistance, which means you aren't going to disturb others in your household as you work out.
- You plan on using the bike with other people. This bike accommodates up to 2 user profiles. That means both you and someone else in the house can keep track of your progress without influencing one another's data.
Reasons to avoid Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike?
- You're taller than 6 feet. Some reviewers point out how taller individuals may find the bike to be uncomfortable. While you can adjust certain components, you may want to avoid this bike if you're over 6 feet tall.
- You're on a budget. These bikes can get pricey. If you don't need all the extras, then you may be better off with something more affordable.
What real Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Seat pad is thick rubbery material outside, good solid padding inside. Appears that it will last a long time."
- "Pedal operation is [quiet] and smooth. No whirring sounds like the older style ped bikes."
- "I like that this bike has extended pause. You can get off, take a break, and then restart right where you left off."
- "This is a very strong unit and the pieces are made of solid material, not flimsy like a lot of other things these days."
- "It's comfortable, and it has a ton of features. Plus the resistance can be easy to insanely tough."
What reviewers dislike
- "The mp3 speakers also are not great."
- "The fan has three levels none of which I can feel on any adjustment of the console. It is blowing above my head on all settings."
- "The place to put the tablet or book for reading is at the top of the console. I am unable to read anything from this position and distance."
- "The first time you use the custom setting, rather than keeping the setting what you currently have it at, it resets it to Level 3."
- "Heart rate monitor unreliable."
The Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike is an excellent option for anyone looking for an exercise bike that offers the best in comfort. The seat is padded, and many components are adjustable to suit your body type. Plus, it has all the features you could possibly want, such as speakers and app compatibility.
If you really want to push yourself to the limit, then you may want to opt for something with a heavier flywheel. But if you don't mind something a little lighter, then this bike gets the job done just fine.
Where to buy Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike
You can find the Schwinn 250 recumbent bike for sale on Amazon. Now that you know everything this bike comes with, you can compare it with other Schwinn bikes on the site to see which one is best for your needs.