The Bowflex 3.1 bench is noticeable for its stellar low price. However, this is one device that's also designed with your comfort in mind. It's built from heavy-duty steel to support weights of up to 480 pounds, and it also comes with a thick-padded seat to support your spine as you're lifting.
Is the Bowflex 3.1 Weight Bench best for you?
Bowflex is a trusted name in fitness, and while there are more expensive benches out there, most people do just fine with the Bowflex 3.1 bench. It has a simple design that's easy to put together. Most reviewers have been able to get it up-and-running in less than 30 minutes. Once it's up, you can take advantage of free-weight workouts, stretching, squats, and crunches all with one device.
Plus, it has everything you need to support you. The leg hold-down brace offers support when you set it in the decline position. And when you want to put it away from a while, you can utilize the transport wheels.
Consider Bowflex 3.1 Bench if...
- You need a sturdy frame. This bench is made out of commercial-grade steel. It's built to last to support you through years of workouts.
- You want simple assembly. This item is fairly easy to put together. You mostly just need to tighten everything so that there's no slippage.
- You like a wider, padded seat. You're aren't going to feel sore prematurely with this bench. The seat is extra wide to accommodate all sizes of people, and the cushioning goes easy on your backside.
Avoid Bowflex 3.1 Bench if...
- You need more adjustable positions. This model comes with 4 positions to choose from for how you sit while lifting weights. The Bowflex 5.1 bench comes with 6.
- You like an adjustable seat. You can adjust the back to different angles, but you can't alter the seat itself. It remains in a fixed position.
- You want something easier to find. The 3.1 is a bit of an older model. You may have trouble tracking it down from certain retailers.
Bowflex 3.1 Bench pros & cons
- Removable leg
- Transport wheels
- Over 30 exercises to perform
- No adjustability on seat
- Short warranty on upholstery
Bowflex 3.1 Weight Bench construction & features
- Positions: 45 degrees, 90 degrees, flat, and decline.
- Attachments: Leg curl/extension.
Is the Bowflex 3.1 Weight Bench easy to assemble?
It should only take you between 20 and 30 minutes to put the Bowflex 3.1 bench together. The only real issue is that you need to supply your own wrench and screwdriver.
Key Bowflex 3.1 Weight Bench Specs
Reasons to buy Bowflex 3.1 Bench?
- You need to save money. The Bowflex 3.1 is much more affordable compared to some of the alternatives. If you're in the beginner or intermediate range with weight lifting, then it's likely all you need.
- You want to protect your back. The leg brace helps keep your back aligned properly when you're in the decline position. If you find it's more trouble than it's worth, you can always detach it.
- You want something with a solid reputation. Bowflex is a premier fitness brand. It's been around a long time, so you can trust its products
Reasons to avoid Bowflex 3.1 Bench?
- You want a greater warranty. The frame should hole up, but it's the upholstery you have to worry about. It's not real leather, and many reviewers seem to be concerned about how long it would last past the 1-year warranty.
What real Bowflex 3.1 Bench reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 265 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Bowflex 3.1 Bench receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.8 (across several hundred reviews). Bowflex 3.1 Bench scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "The feet of the bench are adjustable, so if you don't have a perfectly flat floor, it will allow you to compensate."
- "I received this bench yesterday and assembled it today in about 30 minutes. It's actually a pretty [sturdy] bench that is well manufactured."
- "Overall, it took about 25-30 minutes to assemble (I took my time) and was very simple (only a handful of steps)."
- "I love how thick the pads are and how sturdy the construction is."
- "This has been a GOOD bench, easy to assemble, and strong, well supported."
What reviewers dislike
- "This is a TERRIFIC BENCH, but it is missing two useful inclinations: 30 degrees and 60 degrees."
- "The only drawback I've had is the wheels are pretty useless on this with carpet."
- "The bench is very heavy. It should have been made of aluminum, not steel."
- "The seat is about 6-8 inches too far off the ground."
- "The kneepads bizarrely fold up, sitting above the front edge of the seat, but not high enough that you can get your legs under them."
The Bowflex 3.1 bench is great for people just getting into fitness. It's simple enough to assemble. And at its low price point, you're going to have plenty of money left over to purchase dumbbells and barbells. In addition to weight lifting, it also works well for stretches and crunches.
More experienced lifters may find it limiting. If you upgrade one level up to the Bowflex 5.1 bench, you get 2 more angles. It may not seem like much, but for certain exercises, it makes all the difference. But if you're new, then it's probably superfluous.
Where to buy Bowflex 3.1 Bench
Find your next Bowflex 3.1 bench on Amazon. Not only does it have the lowest price, but you also get free delivery.