The Bowflex C6 bike is a great machine for the price when you look at all the features it comes with. In addition to 100 resistance levels that you can change ever so slightly, the bike also comes with 3-pound dumbbells. That way when you pedal, you can work out your arms simultaneously.
Is the Bowflex C6 Bike best for you?
The Bowflex C6 bike is a great piece of equipment that loses some of the excess fat you see in many modern bikes and just gives you what you need to exercise efficiently. This comes in the form of Bluetooth compatibility and an integrated tablet holder. That means you can download a fitness app onto your mobile device and engage in various downloadable programs at your leisure.
The flywheel system is magnetic and designed to be as quiet as possible, making it a great choice for individuals who live with others. Plus, you get a Bluetooth-enhanced armband, allowing you to monitor your heart rate. With all these features, you may expect to spend a lot more money, but it proves to be a great value all on its own.
Consider Bowflex C6 Bike if...
- You need interactive training. You can sync your bike with a variety of apps via Bluetooth technology. This opens up a whole new world of possibilities as far as your workout variety.
- You want a challenging ride. This bike comes with a 40-pound drive. It's heavy enough to challenge even experienced riders.
- You like fine-tuning resistance. There are 100 micro-levels of resistance to be found on this bike. That means you can find the exact setting that works for you and gives you a workout that adequately pushes your muscles to the limit.
Avoid Bowflex C6 Bike if...
- You want preset workouts. There are no built-in programs to this machine. You need to download an app to find programs to make your workouts more engaging.
- You want a touchscreen. This stationary bike comes with an LCD screen. While it's good enough for providing stats like calories and distance, you need your own tablet if you want to bring programs with you.
- You don't like subscription fees. This bike really relies on apps to be taken to the next level. These apps tend to come with monthly fees, which some people may not want to pay because then the bike doesn't really substitute the cost of going to the gym.
Bowflex C6 Bike pros & cons
- Caged pedals
- Multi-grip handlebars
- Quiet magnetic flywheel system
- Bluetooth compatibility
- Lack of technology
- App fees
Construction and design
- Seat: The padded bike seat is adjustable to keep you utterly comfortable as you exercise. It's also suitable for people of various heights.
- Pedals: The pedals come with cages to keep your feet locked into place, which prevents slippage.
- Handlebars: The multi-grip handlebars are a nice touch. However, if you want to use your arms for something else as you pedal, then you can utilize the light dumbbells that come with your purchase.
- Console: The console comes with a backlit LCD screen that shows levels, distance, speed, calories, and time.
- Built-in Programs: There are no built-in programs with this machine. You need an app, and this bike is compatible with Zwift, Peloton, and more.
Key Bowflex C6 Bike Specs
Reasons to buy Bowflex C6 Bike?
- You own a tablet. This bike comes with an integrated tablet holder, so if you already have an iPad, then this machine is ready to go to increase the effectiveness of your workouts.
- You like exercising your upper-body, too. This bike stands apart from others in its class by actually coming with 3-pound dumbbells. It's not much, but it does allow you to work out your arms as you exercise your legs.
- You need to keep your heart rate within a given range. It also comes with a heart rate armband monitor, allowing you to stay in whatever range you need to be in.
Reasons to avoid Bowflex C6 Bike?
- You don't want monthly fees. The Bowflex C6 bike is still far more affordable than something like Peloton, even if it's used. However, the emphasis on downloading an app to get the full benefit out of the machine may deter some people from getting it.
What real Bowflex C6 Bike reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Bowflex C6 Bike receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Bowflex C6 Bike scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Fits great for both my husband and me, easy to adjust depending on who's using it."
- "This was relatively easy to set up for two people over two hours."
- "The bike is quiet and very sturdy."
- "It is taller and slimmer than I expected, so it fits well into a corner of the room."
- "This is a great bike and cheaper than competitors."
What reviewers dislike
- "Struggled to get apps linked, not the easiest to figure out at first."
- "We had an issue with attaching the back metal plate of the bike that attaches to the bar that sits on the ground."
- "When riding, I need to position the seat all the way forward otherwise my thighs hit the stem platform that the seat slides on."
- "The saddle is really wide for your bum and actually interferes with the pedaling."
- "The biggest issue is that this bike isn't well suited to really short people."
Considering the price tag, the Bowflex C6 bike is a solid option. The fact there are 100 resistance levels is incredibly impressive. Plus, there are enough bonuses to keep you invested in your workouts. The fact you get dumbbells, regardless of their weight, is a major perk, giving you more than one way to work up a sweat.
Many reviews tell you to download an app to get the most out of this machine. However, it's not like the bike becomes a brick without one. You can absolutely still use it and find plenty to enjoy without paying for an app subscription.
Where to buy Bowflex C6 Bike
The Bowflex C6 bike and many other Bowflex products are available at the best prices on Amazon. Plus, you can enjoy Amazon's fast, free shipping!