The Bowflex SelectTech 552 is great for saving space and money. With just 2 dumbbells as opposed to a whole home gym, you can fit this set even in a small apartment. And considering the 15 different weight options at the low price, these adjustable dumbbells offer the ultimate in fitness convenience.
Is the Bowflex SelectTech 552 best for you?
The Bowflex SelectTech 552 adjustable dumbbells are great for people just starting out with weight lifting. Resistance levels go from 5 pounds all the way to 52.5. That means you can start slow if you aren't used to lifting all the time and work up in 2.5-pound increments. Unless you want to be a bodybuilder, 52.5 pounds is more than enough to tone your arms and get in better shape.
You can move through all these weight combinations with a simple turn of the dial. Once the setting's correct, you can grab hold of the rubber grip and get to moving. Since they're free weights, they offer excellent versatility, so you work out however you see fit.
Consider Bowflex SelectTech 552 if...
- You need a solid grip. The rubber grip offers sturdy placement in your hands. Even when things get sweaty, these dumbbells aren't going to slip.
- You want a good selection of weight settings. There are 15 different weights to choose from. You can start from your bottom, and as you gain strength, work your way to the top.
- You like something compact. Adjustable dumbbells of any kind are great for people who don't have a ton of space in their home for a personal gym. When the Bowflex Revolution is too much for what you need, consider some simple free weights.
Avoid Bowflex SelectTech 552 if...
- You need something sturdier. This model is made from hard plastic. A lot of reviewers note how it just isn't as durable as metal weights.
- You don't want to order replacements. Reviewers also seem to suggest the dials require replacement after a couple of years. Again, this is likely due to the materials used.
- You like having a ton of exercises. With dumbbells, you only have a few exercises to try. It may pale in comparison to how you're able to target numerous different muscle groups with a home gym.
Bowflex SelectTech 552 pros & cons
- Premium grips
- Space efficiency
- Compatible with Bowflex app
- Accessories sold separately
- Made from hard plastic
Bowflex SelectTech 552 adjustable dumbbells weight
There are 15 different weight settings ranging from 5 to 52.5 pounds. With these limits, this set is recommended for regular people who just want to get in shape a little bit.
Is the Bowflex SelectTech 552 easy to use?
With a simple turn of the dial, you get the exact weight you want. From there, you simply pick them up and get to work.
Bowflex SelectTech 552 quality
These dumbbells are made out of hard plastic. It shouldn't be a problem if you take care of them. But unlike metal, if you drop them, you may have some problems.
Reasons to buy Bowflex SelectTech 552?
- You're on a budget. Some people can't afford a full home gym. When you need to save money, you can opt for these high-tech dumbbells.
- You live with other people. Regular dumbbells tend to make a lot of noise, especially if you clang them against each other. These barely make a peep.
- You don't want a bunch of different weights. With 15 different settings, you just need one set instead of purchasing 15 different weights.
Reasons to avoid Bowflex SelectTech 552?
- You're a powerlifter. 52.5 pounds may be fine for some people. However, if you really want to bulk up, you're definitely going to need something heavier.
What real Bowflex SelectTech 552 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 265 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Bowflex SelectTech 552 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.8 (across several hundred reviews). Bowflex SelectTech 552 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Intelligently made! Gym in 1. Compact but the burn is still comprehensive!"
- "These are a great product for those who don't have room for individually weighted dumbbells."
- "The items [come] pre-assembled in box, very well packaged."
- "Easy to use. Turn the dial to your selected weight."
- "I love how they can adjust weight my workouts. Seem like it will last long."
What reviewers dislike
- "On the negative end my wife had issue using it due [to] the length."
- "This was a gift for my husband. The only complaint from him was he felt a little uneasy about lifting above his head at first."
- "Since I don't put a lot of weight on it, the gaps create an [awkward] length."
- "They are big and bulky."
- "As a smaller woman, they're incredibly bulky to use like a normal dumbbell."
With a low price and compact size, these adjustable dumbbells are a great option for people looking to build some muscle. The best part of all is the ease of switching weight ranges. You simply turn a dial to go from 5 to 52.5 pounds and everywhere in between.
Some minor issues are worth considering. You aren't going to get huge biceps by only going up to 52.5 pounds. And there are some complaints about how you need to put them back at just the right angle to get them to sit. But if you can overlook all of that, these dumbbells allow you to work out conveniently and efficiently.
Where to buy Bowflex SelectTech 552
The Bowflex SelectTech 552 adjustable dumbbells are available on Amazon for a great price. Check them out, plus take advantage of Amazon's fast, free shipping!