The Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 is perfect for people serious about burning calories. Thanks to its unique structure, which combines a treadmill, elliptical, and stairclimber all in one, you burn 2.5 times the amount of calories as walking alone. With other great features, it's a useful entry-level Treadclimber.
Is the Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 treadmill best for you?
The Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 is one of the more compact Treadclimbers on the market. Its dimensions are significantly smaller than other models, so you can fit it almost anywhere in your home. And with sturdy transport wheels, you can effortlessly move it when you do need to get it out of the way.
Thanks to the motion of the 2 treadles, you put far less pressure on your ankles, knees, and hips; a great option for seniors and individuals with a previous injury. Plus, you can monitor various stats regarding your health with the clear LCD display.
Consider Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 if...
- You need a 3-in-1 device. The Treadclimber TC100 is a treadmill, stepper, and elliptical all in one. As a result, you can greatly enhance the quality of your home gym with a machine that offers various types of cardio. This also helps you keep your exercise regimen interesting and different.
- You want to monitor everything. The LCD display clearly shows speed, time, distance, and calories. And with the heart rate monitoring grips on the handles, you can keep tabs on your heart rate as you work out.
- You like not needing a ton of space. The Treadclimber TC100 comes with a compact design. It's much smaller than your average treadmill, so you have more options regarding where to put it in your home.
Avoid Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 if...
- You want to run fast. This device has a max speed of 4 miles per hour. You can hook the 2 treadles together to form a running track, but you can still only go at a light pace. People who really want to train by running may want something that can go up to 12 mph, like the Bowflex BXT6.
- You want to play your music over speakers. This treadmill comes with a USB charging port. However, it doesn't contain speakers. So you can't play music through the Treadclimber itself.
- You want more features. The TC100 lacks in certain areas. For instance, the console area doesn't come with entertainment features or a built-in cooling fan like what you get with more advanced models.
Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 pros & cons
- Various resistance levels
Construction and design
- Motor: The TC100 comes with a fairly good motor that keeps you moving whether you use the machine as a treadmill or elliptical.
- Running Surface: The Treadclimber features 2 treadles. You put a foot on each one and get moving. You can even lock them into place to use the machine as a treadmill.
- Touchscreen: It features an LCD display screen that gives you vital information on calories burned, distance traveled, time spent, and speed walked.
- Speakers: This particular Treadclimber doesn't come with built-in speakers.
- Built-in Programs: While there aren't any programs per se, you can mix up your routine by adjusting the type of workout you get. This Treadclimber can become a treadmill, elliptical, or stair stepper depending on how you want to work out in the moment.
Key Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 Specs
Reasons to buy Bowflex Treadclimber TC100?
- You want to use the machine with someone else. You can make up to 2 user profiles on the TC100. This allows you to monitor your own settings and progress without someone else interfering with your workout regimen.
- You need low-impact exercises. Having treadles instead of a running track gives you more support on your knees and ankles. Using a Treadclimber for your cardio as opposed to running outside is great for anyone with a history of joint problems.
- You want to bring your tablet with you. The accessory holder allows you to rest your tablet or phone directly on the Treadclimber. You can watch TV or read a book as you exercise, making the experience all the more enjoyable.
Reasons to avoid Bowflex Treadclimber TC100?
- You want a longer warranty. The TC100 boasts a 2-year full warranty. But after that, you're on your own. While many reviewers have noted how durable the machine is, it may not instill a lot of confidence in some people.
- You want greater program variety. Some machines come with dozens of different programs, giving you plenty of variety for your workouts. The TC100 really lacks in this area.
What real Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "In our opinion, the Bowflex TreadClimber delivers what the descriptions and advertisements promise. I can get the same results (calories burnt, heart rate) in less than half the time compared to treadmills or elliptical trainers."
- "I'm also a heart attack, quadruple bypass surviver and this machine is the next logical step after my treadmill."
- "The machine is easy to use and easy on my knee. I can slowing walk at 1 mile per hour and my heart rate can already reach 160."
- "In 3 short weeks, I can tell a difference in the definition of my thighs and maybe a bit in my bum."
- "It's solidly constructed and has a smaller footprint than my old treadmill."
What reviewers dislike
- "The price tag on this machine is high."
- "The USB charging port did not produce enough power to charge my iPad but that's minor."
- "Machine works great but it is pretty noisy."
- "The only setup issue with the instructions."
- "Directions need to be a little better for assembly."
The Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 has plenty of nice features. The fact you can get a treadmill and elliptical all in one machine really saves you money in the long run. And the ability to adjust the treadles more than makes up for not having any workout programs in the device itself.
The TC100 is great for anyone who wants a gym-quality workout from the comfort of their home. Thanks to the extra resistance, you burn up to 2.5 times the number of calories as merely walking on a treadmill. When weight loss is your goal, this is the machine to buy.
Where to buy Bowflex Treadclimber TC100
The Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 is available for the best price on Amazon. In addition to saving you money, Amazon also makes it easy to compare the machine with others like it, like the TC200. You can see weigh the pros and cons of each Treadclimber until you find one perfect for your lifestyle.