The Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000 offers low-impact workouts via soft cushioning on the treadles. With 12 intensity levels, users can gradually enhance their workouts over time for new challenges. It's easy to see why it's rated among the best treadclimbers to use at home.
Is the Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000 treadmill best for you?
The Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000 is great for people just beginning to work out again. When used as an elliptical, it offers a low impact workout. And since it can only go up to 3.8 miles per hour, it prevents you from overexerting yourself. As times goes on, you can increase the intensity so that you challenge your body without needing to sprint.
It's a great alternative to a traditional treadmill. For starters, it doesn't take up nearly as much space. And due to its low impact nature, it doesn't make as much noise—great for apartment dwellers.
Consider Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000 if...
- You need comfort. The Treadclimber is different from a treadmill in that it offers lower impact. It doesn't place as much strain on your bones and joints, making it a great option for older individuals and people recovering from injuries.
- You have limited space in your home. The Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000 doesn't take up as much room as a traditional treadmill. You can keep it out all the time without it overpowering the area it's in.
- You want to go from beginner to expert. The Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000 features 12 intensity settings. You can start from the bottom and work your way up as you grow more comfortable on the device.
Avoid Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000 if...
- You want to run. The treadclimber reaches a max speed of 3.8 mph. If you want to sprint, then you're going to need something else, like the Proform 905 CST treadmill.
- You don't want to deal with assembly. The Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000 does require some assembly when you first get it. It takes a while, but once you're done, you have a stellar piece of equipment waiting for you.
- You want peace of mind. The motor on the Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000 only comes with a 1-year warranty. If something happens after that point, you're on your own.
Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000 pros & cons
- Dual treadles with cushioning
- Maximum capacity of 300 pounds
Construction and design
- Motor: The Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000 comes with a high-quality motor that allows the machine to reach a top speed of 3.8 mph.
- Running Surface: It comes with two treadles you can place each foot in. You then move in a stepping motion to get in a stellar workout.
- Touchscreen: No touchscreen is present on this machine. Instead, it comes with 3 electronic readouts to show your distance, time, and speed.
- Speakers: The Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000 doesn't come with on-board speakers.
- Built-in Programs: There aren't any build-in programs. But it does come with 12 intensity settings, so you can gradually enhance your workouts.
Key Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000 Specs
Reasons to buy Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000?
- You don't want to just run. Cardio takes many forms. While you can run almost anywhere, you can't exactly go on a bunch of steps whenever you want. The Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000 allows you to switch up your workouts so that you get different kinds of cardio to always keep your body guessing.
- You need to move your machine around. If you tend to move around a lot, then you may want something that's easily movable. This treadclimbers comes with high-quality wheels to move the 185-pound machine with ease.
- You don't want to break the bank. Getting your own workout equipment can save you money over going to a gym. But you may still not have a ton to spend. This device is a more affordable option compared to other treadmills and Treadclimbers out there.
Reasons to avoid Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000?
- You like having your water bottle accessible. There aren't any water bottle holders on the TC1000. That means you can't get a swig of water as you exercise.
- You need to keep track of your heart rate. There's no heart rate indicator on the Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000. Anyone who needs to monitor how fast their heart beats needs that for any cardio machine.
What real Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "This is an excellent combination of a stair-stepper and treadmill. I get a much more effective workout on this machine than on a regular treadmill."
- "Treadclimber has helped keep off 85 lbs. for 12 years."
- "In our opinion, the Bowflex TreadClimber delivers what the descriptions and advertisements promise."
- "I love the fact that the machine keeps track of your time, speed, distance, heart rate and calories burned. I love seeing the progress."
- "It’s a great one for those of us who want something to get in a little better shape and improve our health an appearance."
What reviewers dislike
- "There is a bit of a learning curve since there is no tread in the middle of the machine."
- "This machine also comes in a TON of pieces!"
- "For the same price you could get a treadmill with a bigger motor, longer running surface, MOTORIZED incline, and a built in TV."
- "Has given us super service until recently when the left belt started slipping and yesterday both slipped."
- "This is not a quiet machine. My machine is in the basement and everyone upstairs knows when I'm using my Bowflex. It's loud and clunky."
The Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000 is a great option for people interested in weight loss and improved cardiovascular health. Its simple design and 12 intensity settings allow you to get started with ease. However, other Bowflex models may be more up your alley.
The TC1000 doesn't include a heart rate monitor. It also isn't compatible with workout apps, which is commonly found in contemporary Treadclimbers. You may be more interested in something like the Bowflex Treadclimber TC5000 that provides a maximum speed of 4 mph in addition to better warranty coverage.
However, you may not want all the bells and whistles of modern exercise equipment. If you just want solid workouts, then the Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000 can be a great investment.
Where to buy Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000
The Bowflex Treadclimber TC1000 is a discontinued model. But you can still sometimes find it at the best price on Amazon. Keep checking back to see when it comes in stock. Alternatively, you can opt for the Bowflex Treadclimber TC20 available on Amazon.