The Bowflex Treadclimber TC200 is a revamped workout machine built to burn calories with ease. The cushioning on the treadles combined with low-impact workouts allow you to lose weight faster while putting less strain on your knees. It comes with a high price tag, but a lot of reviewers think it's well worth the investment.
Is the Bowflex Treadclimber Tc200 treadmill best for you?
The Bowflex Treadclimber TC200 is a 3-in-1 device. You can use it as an elliptical or stepper to put less strain on your legs. However, you can also attach these 2 treadles to make a standard treadmill to run on. It may only go up to 4.5 miles per hour, but when you just need to get a good walk in, it's ideal.
It also comes with high-tech features you can't find with other Treadclimbers. Bluetooth connectivity allows you to sync the machine with the Bowflex app on your phone. You get real-time data about how you've progressed. Over time, you can gradually build up your workout regimen so that you can look and feel your best.
Consider Bowflex Treadclimber TC200 if...
- You need 3 cardio machines. The Bowflex Treadclimber TC200 is essentially 3 machines in one. It's a treadmill, elliptical, and stepper. This allows you to change up your workouts so that you're not always doing the same thing.
- You want to keep track of your health. The TC200 offers Bluetooth connectivity. You can sync the machine with Google Fit, Apple Health, or MyFitnessPal to track your progress and see where you need to improve going forward.
- You like burning more calories. The TC200 has a max speed of 4.5 miles per hour. However, due to its design and how it engages with your muscles, you can burn 2.5 times more calories than on a traditional treadmill.
Avoid Bowflex Treadclimber TC200 if...
- You're on a budget. The TC200 is costly. You can get many of the same features with the Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 that comes in at a fraction of the price.
- You want heart rate monitoring. While the TC200 features heart rate monitoring through contact grips, there's no chest strap receiver that provides more accurate readings. You get a wireless chest strap with the Bowflex Treadclimber TC5000.
- You want a lengthy warranty. The TC200 offers a full warranty for 3 years. But after that time, you're on your own, which may not instill a lot of confidence in some people.
Bowflex Treadclimber TC200 pros & cons
- Free Treadclimber app with Bluetooth connectivity
- Built-in USB charging port
- Media shelf and water bottle holder
Construction and design
- Motor: The machine comes with a standard Bowflex Treadclimber motor, which is built to last a long time and provide you with speeds up to 4.5 mph.
- Running Surface: The TC200 comes with 2 treadles. You can combine these to form a standard treadmill running surface, giving you plenty of room regardless of height.
- Touchscreen: While it doesn't come with a touchscreen, the display screen on the TC200 is interactive. It's a fully lit LCD screen capable of syncing with the free Treadclimber app as well as other fitness apps available.
- Speakers: The TC200 doesn't come with built-in speakers. However, you can charge your phone or other device via the USB charging port.
- Built-in Programs: The TC200 comes with 5 built-in programs. You also have a 3-in-1 device that goes from a treadmill to an elliptical to a stepper. This allows you to switch up your workouts to avoid too much repetitiveness.
Key Bowflex Treadclimber TC200 Specs
Reasons to buy Bowflex Treadclimber TC200?
- You plan on multiple people using the machine. You can create up to 4 user profiles within the TC200. This allows you to track your own progress over time without it getting jumbled with everyone else. It's the perfect feature when you have several people in a household planning on getting into shape.
- You have limited space in your home. The TC200 is much more compact compared to other machines. In particular, it's smaller than traditional treadmills. Therefore, you have an easier time finding a place for it at home.
- You want your tablet with you. The media console can support a tablet, book, or magazine to keep you entertained as you workout.
Reasons to avoid Bowflex Treadclimber TC200?
- You want to move it around. The TC200 is heavier than other models, like the TC100. Therefore, you may run into issues if you need to move it around often. Wherever you place it first is generally where it should stay.
- You like sprinting. With a top speed of 4.5 mph, the TC200 isn't designed for serious runners. It's not recommended if you want to train for an upcoming race.
What real Bowflex Treadclimber TC200 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Bowflex Treadclimber TC200 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Bowflex Treadclimber TC200 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I can get the same results (calories burnt, heart rate) in less than half the time compared to treadmills or elliptical trainers."
- "Came nicely packaged, easy to put together and out of the box worked perfect."
- "The workout is great. Definitely more intense than just a treadmill."
- "We are both in our middle to upper 60s and recommend the Bowflex TreadClimber for weight management and general fitness."
- "We've had this for a week and use it every day."
What reviewers dislike
- "Since the chest heart rate monitor rarely works (even after following all of the instructions including wetting the contacts), I have to use the heart rate monitor built into the handhold grips. As soon as I touch the grips, the display indicates about 135 bpm before it finally settles down."
- "This is not a quiet machine. My machine is in the basement and everyone upstairs knows when I'm using my Bowflex."
- "I often hit the safety key and accidentally end my workout. That's my only complaint."
- "The price tag on this machine is high."
- "My only issue is the app. It tracked Monday and Wednesday but not today. Sent support and email through the app. Hopefully they can resolve it."
The Bowflex Treadclimber TC200 is a high-tech machine that doesn't skimp on calorie burning, capable of burning more calories than a traditional treadmill. It's app syncing abilities allows you to see how many calories you burn every day and gradually build up from there.
It's also very versatile. Since you can go back and forth from a treadmill and elliptical, you really feel like you have multiple pieces of equipment with just one device. It's an ideal solution for anyone who wants to do away with the gym membership and just have a great workout machine to use at home.
Where to buy Bowflex Treadclimber TC200
The best price for the Bowflex Treadclimber TC200 is found on Amazon. The site also makes it easy to compare the machine with other models, like the TC100. You can research effortlessly to determine which Bowflex product is right for your home.