The Bowflex BXT6 is compatible with numerous fitness apps, and you can create multiple user profiles. It's a high-tech piece of engineering that pushes you to your limits with a 15-degree incline. It lacks as many built-in programs as similar models, but it does a great job of pushing the boundaries of what a treadmill can do.
Is the Bowflex BXT6 treadmill best for you?
The Bowflex BXT6 is perfect for people who want to work out in style. Bluetooth connectivity allows you to connect the treadmill with various apps. It even comes with a speaker, so you can hook up your music-playing device and listen to your workout jams directly from the treadmill.
Some reviewers have noted this treadmill is a bit bulky. But it's also foldable. That means when you're not using it, you can fold it in and tuck it under the bed or wherever you have room. That way you can work out on your schedule.
Consider Bowflex BXT6 if...
- You need a total body workout. The Bowflex BXT6 is designed for people serious about their health. You can go up to 12 miles per hour and increase the incline by as much as 15 degrees. You can keep pushing yourself to perform at your very best.
- You want to utilize your apps. You can monitor your workout progression through various apps, including MyFitnessPal, Apple Health, and Google Fit. The Bowflex BXT6 is compatible with all of those.
- You like your own user profile. In the event multiple people in your household want to use the treadmill, you can each set up your own user profile. You can monitor your own progression without interfering with someone else's profile. The Bowflex BXT6 can hold up to 2 different profiles.
Avoid Bowflex BXT6 if...
- You want more built-in programs. The Bowflex BXT6 comes with 9 built-in programs. That's markedly less than other treadmills. For example, the NordicTrack Z 1300i boasts 32 programs.
- You don't want a noisy machine. Some reviewers have noted that this device can get noisy. A little noise is to be expected with any treadmill. But you may not want one that's overly excessive.
- You don't like speakers in the treadmill. Some people want to listen to music as they run via their smartphones. If that describes you, then the featured speakers within the treadmill may be a moot point.
Bowflex BXT6 pros & cons
- USB ports and build-in speaker
Construction and design
- Motor: This treadmill comes with a 3.0CHP motor. This makes it much more powerful than treadmills with the 2.0CHP model.
- Running Surface: The Bowflex BXT6 comes with a running track measuring 20" x 60". The track also comes with cushioning to help protect your joints during long runs.
- Touchscreen: There's no touchscreen. But it does feature a blue backlit screen featuring Bluetooth connectivity. This allows you to share data over various platforms.
- Speakers: It comes with an integrated speaker system. You have to plug in your device to play music over the treadmill's speakers.
- Built-in Programs: 9 built-in programs come with the treadmill. You can also adjust the speed and incline to your liking to get the precise workout you desire.
Key Bowflex BXT6 Specs
Reasons to buy Bowflex BXT6?
- You need a compact treadmill. You may not have the space to keep your workout equipment out all of the time. The Bowflex BXT6 is foldable, so you can store it in the garage or closet when it's not in use.
- You like watching something while exercising. The BXT6 comes with a media shelf where you can rest your smartphone or tablet. It even comes with a nearby USB charging port. You can charge your device while watching your favorite show all on your treadmill.
- You need to monitor your heart rate. Individuals with heart conditions may need to keep tabs on their heart rates as they exercise. This treadmill comes with a telemetry-enabled heart rate monitor. So you get accurate readings throughout your workout.
Reasons to avoid Bowflex BXT6?
- You don't want any extras. A lot of people think you can get the most out of your Bowflex BXT6 by downloading an app and getting an exercise membership. If that sounds like too much work for you, then you may want something more low-key.
- You want to play music via Bluetooth. While you can play music through the treadmill's speakers by plugging the device in, you can't play music via Bluetooth. Some reviewers have noted how it feels like an oversight.
What real Bowflex BXT6 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Bowflex BXT6 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Bowflex BXT6 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Well, this is a beast. We opted for the 3hp motor for the power. Setup was pretty easy."
- "So far it has been an excellent treadmill for sprinting and long jogs."
- "I like the programs and the speed and incline adjustments are easy. The heart monitor strap seems to be accurate and works great."
- "This was a great investment... and since I’m not getting any younger it’s nice to feel stable with large side rails in case I need them."
- "I picked up this treadmill as part of my rehab after a nasty heart attack... The treadmill is sturdy and well built. And now, I am 25 lbs lighter and back to my old self."
What reviewers dislike
- "My only complaint are the buttons to change speed are in increments of 3. For example if you like to walk at a 4 and run at a 6 - the buttons go from 1, 3, 6, 9 12. So you end up manually changing your speed down from a 6 to 4."
- "I wish the fan could tilt down a little more since I am on the shorter side."
- "The screen does not show your current pace, which is rare in a new treadmill."
- "It doesn’t show the pace per mile, the distance is tracked to the tenth of a mile, no in-between, and it makes a sound at every hundred calories burned."
- "It’s pretty large and heavy. Hard to move in small bedroom."
The Bowflex BXT6 is a high-tech treadmill that appeals to people serious about their health. A 15-degree incline and speeds up to 12 mph are great for pushing yourself to your limits. And with Bluetooth connectivity, you can connect it with various apps to continue taking your workouts in new directions.
With only 9 built-in programs, it's not quite as versatile as other treadmills out there. But with everything else, including the capacity for 2 user profiles, you really get a lot out of a single machine.
Where to buy Bowflex BXT6 treadmill
The Bowflex BXT6 is available from several retailers. But if you want a good treadmill at a great price, then look for the Bowflex BXT216 available on Amazon. It comes with free scheduled delivery, and you can break up your payments into monthly installments with ease.