The Bowflex Treadclimber TC10 can tilt up to 40 percent. This allows you to burn up to twice the number of calories as running outside. While it doesn't come with a lot of frills, it's small enough to fit almost anywhere in your home. It's worth noting that this treadmill has been discontinued and has been replaced by the Bowflex TC100.
Is the Bowflex Treadclimber TC10 treadmill best for you?
The Bowflex Treadclimber TC10 is designed for people who want simple workouts. The Goal Oriented Coach feature keeps you motivated. It sets a weekly goal of at least 90 minutes of exercise. But the TC10 doesn't end there. It comes with a media shelf, so you can bring a book, magazine, or tablet with you for entertainment. And since it uses treadles rather than a standard running track, it's easier on your knees and ankles. Without as much strain, you have less of a recovery period. This is great for individuals with previous injuries, currently in recovery, or seniors.
Consider Bowflex Treadclimber TC10 if...
- You need to burn fat. The TC10 is incredibly efficient at burning calories at a faster rate than a traditional treadmill. You can adjust the tilt up to 40 percent. The treadles are easier on your knees, and you burn fat twice as fast.
- You want to hold yourself accountable. For many people, the hardest part of a new exercise regimen simply involves working out regularly. The TC10 comes with Goal Oriented Coach technology that keeps track of one user. It sets a weekly goal of at least 90 minutes of exercise, so you feel more motivated to get on the Treadclimber.
- You like having reading material with you. The TC10 boasts an ergonomic console. It even comes with an accessory holder to place a book or tablet directly on the machine. That way you can multi-task and read as you exercise.
Avoid Bowflex Treadclimber TC10 if...
- You need preset workouts. There are 12 intensity settings to choose from on the TC10. But you don't get any preset programs, as is the case with other machines. For example, the Bowflex BXT6 treadmill comes with 9 programs to vary your workouts.
- You want greater connectivity. Many modern Treadclimbers come with WiFi access and media ports. The TC10 is a more baseline model that's designed to help you work out and not much else.
- You want to run. The TC10 comes with a max speed of 4 miles per hour. For people interested in sprinting, it may not be enough.
Bowflex Treadclimber TC10 pros & cons
Construction and design
- Motor: The TC10 boasts a powerful motor capable of reaching speeds of up to 4 mph.
- Running Surface: The machine comes with 2 treadles. You put a foot on each surface and start moving to begin your session.
- Touchscreen: The TC10 comes with 4 LCD display screens that help you keep track of relevant information about your workout.
- Speakers: No speakers are built into the device.
- Built-in Programs: There are no built-in programs. However, you do have a choice of 12 intensity levels with each one raising the incline ever so slightly.
Key Bowflex Treadclimber TC10 Specs
Reasons to buy Bowflex Treadclimber TC10?
- You have joint issues. The TC10 provides exceptional cardio training with low-impact workouts. Since there's not the same level of impact on your ankles and knees compared with running, it's a lot easier on your joints. This makes it recommended for older people or individuals with joint problems.
- You want to improve bone health. People lose bone density as they age. Working out on this Treadclimber helps enhance bone health thanks to its low-impact exercise.
- You're limited on space. The TC10 is a lot smaller than most treadmills. Therefore, most users find its easier to find a place to put it in their homes.
Reasons to avoid Bowflex Treadclimber TC10?
- You don't want routine maintenance. The TC10 does require some maintenance to keep in good shape. You need to occasionally lubricate the treadles to ensure they continue working for years to come.
- You want a longer warranty. The TC10's warranty lasts for 2 years. While a lot of reviewers have noted how Bowflex creates machines that last a long time, some people may not want to make the risk without much of a safety net.
What real Bowflex Treadclimber TC10 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Bowflex Treadclimber TC10 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Bowflex Treadclimber TC10 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I love it. I'm having fun. I'm actually working out.... and burning twice the calories in half the time."
- "I work out every day for 45 min. In one month lost 21 lbs. Injured back from military duty and running is [too] painful. TC-10 is perfect and my back or body does not have pain after use."
- "This piece of equipment is used at my work place and it is getting more employees involved in working out."
- "It is a whole body workout and takes way less time than walking my 5 miles outside."
- "It's not just a treadmill, the machine feels like an incline, but with no joint pain."
What reviewers dislike
- "Ideally there would be some sort of arm component, but for a basic machine this is great."
- "Difficult to put together and I wish the panel display offered more like heart rate, fat burn."
- "The only drawback to the TC10 is that it is a bit louder than I thought it would be."
- "The machine itself is fine just need to get used to the stepping."
- "This thing surely gets you sweating good but the clunking of the shocks is too much."
The Bowflex Treadclimber TC10 is a great entry-level model into the Bowflex Treadclimber series. It doesn't come with a lot of the perks you find in more contemporary machines. However, there's still enough here to make it worth considering. The incline feature combined with low-impact treadles allow you to get a first-class workout without having to leave your house.
It's a great option for anyone on a budget who just wants light, easy exercises. Plus, with its compact size, it's a great addition to any apartment, home office, or areas with limited space.
Where to buy Bowflex Treadclimber TC10
You can find the Bowflex Treadclimber TC10 for sale from various retailers. Since it's a discontinued model, you may have some difficulty finding one that isn't used or remanufactured. However, it's replacement is just as great. You can find the Bowflex TC100 for the best price on Amazon. Plus, if you're a Prime member, you get to enjoy fast, free shipping.