The Bowflex BXT216 was designed with heavy traffic in mind. The 4.0CHP motor is capable of supporting up to 400 pounds. Serious runners are going to love the fact it comes with Bluetooth connectivity that allows you to sync the treadmill with a variety of fitness apps, allowing you to continually challenge yourself.
Is the Bowflex BXT216 Treadmill best for you?
If you're serious about getting into the shape, then you need the Bowflex BXT216 Treadmill. 11 training programs come built into the machine that are focused on areas like heart rate zone training, speed performance, and weight loss. You can customize these workouts to better suit your specific needs.
Variable cushioning protects your joints, making this treadmill preferable over running on pavement. And the device holder and charger means you never have to worry about where you're going to put your phone. You may find you no longer need a gym membership once you get this model.
Consider Bowflex BXT216 if...
- You need the highest power possible. Normally, treadmills come with 3.0CHP motors. The BXT216 comes with a 4.0CHP, making it more durable and able to withstand faster speeds.
- You want a large belt. The BXT216 comes with a running track measuring 22" x 60". That's even larger than the BXT116, which comes with a belt of 20" x 60".
- You like burning calories. If your goal with your treadmill is to lose weight, then you're going to love the Burn Rate data console. It provides real-time data of how many calories you're burning per minute, so you can adjust your regimen as needed.
Avoid Bowflex BXT216 if...
- You're on a budget. This model costs quite a bit, but considering all of the features it comes with, it's probably a good value. Still, if you don't have up to $2,000 to spend, then it may cause issues.
- You don't like paying for extras. While your purchase comes with free trials of Zwift and Dailyburn, you have to pay to use them after that. It's important to take those costs into consideration as well if you plan on utilizing any kind of fitness app.
Bowflex BXT216 pros & cons
- Media shelf with USB charging port
- Bluetooth connectivity
- 2.75-inch belt rollers
- 4 user profiles
- Contact heart rate reader
Construction and design
- Motor: The 4.0CHP motor is truly outstanding. You can run on this treadmill every single day, and it's not going to wear out on you any time soon.
- Running Surface: The running track measures 22" x 60" to accommodate people of all heights.
- Touchscreen: The full-color workout screen allows you to monitor vital data so that you always know what you've accomplished with each workout.
- Speakers: It does come with speakers, and you can plug in your MP3 player to listen to music or your workout programs over the machine itself.
- Built-in Programs: There are 11 preset programs to take advantage of just with the machine alone. You gain access to even more by signing up for a fitness app subscription.
Key Bowflex BXT216 Specs
Reasons to buy Bowflex BXT216?
- You enjoy customization. With the 11 preset workouts, you can customize them to your liking. That way you work out on your own terms.
- You need to go easy on your knees. Comfort Tech cushioning absorbs the impact of every stride so that there's less wear and tear on your joints.
- You plan on using it a lot. With a strong motor and durable track, you can be fairly confident this treadmill is going to last. Even if your spouse, roommates, or kids want to use it, everyone can go for a jog regularly without it wearing down.
Reasons to avoid Bowflex BXT216?
- You don't need much. The BXT216 comes with a lot of fancy extras. However, if you're mostly just interested in walking and maybe some light jogging, it may be too much. You can save money elsewhere if you really don't think you'd use all the features.
What real Bowflex BXT216 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Bowflex BXT216 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Bowflex BXT216 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "It is very comparable to the commercial treadmills found in gyms in my opinion, as far as sturdiness goes."
- "Very easy to set up, quiet, smooth, low impact on knees."
- "Having the larger platform is excellent for running and the stability makes it very easy to stay balanced without holding on."
- "Lots of spaces for remotes, phones, tablets, etc."
- "It has several programs to suit my needs. Fat burning, Calorie burn, and Performance."
What reviewers dislike
- "Wish it had a on/off switch on console."
- "The one feature that needs changed is the ability too choose display options."
- "The fan is about useless for anyone who is truly working out."
- "I continue to have issues with the app linking to the treadmill but that is not a priority of mine."
- "The pace at which the treadmill increases and decreases speed is unusually slow."
The Bowflex BXT216 was designed for 21st-century trainees in mind. The fact it comes with app synchronization and a USB charging port is amazing for people who want all their gadgets with them as they work out. Plus, you're actually going to look forward to your regimen thanks to the smooth, cushioning running deck that doesn't require any maintenance.
It's a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. It's a top-of-the-line model from Bowflex. You can find cheaper treadmills out there, but few are going to come with this level of features.
Where to buy Bowflex BXT216
We searched the web and found the best prices for Bowflex exercise machines to be on Amazon. Take a look, plus enjoy Amazon's fast, free shipping!