The Bowflex 5.1 bench has a fantastic array of angles. Whether you want to be flat or at a 90-degree angle, you can do it all with this device. These variations allow you to target different muscle groups. And with a cushioned seat, you're going to find you can work out a lot longer when you have the best equipment at your disposal.
Is the Bowflex 5.1 Weight Bench best for you?
When it comes to buying the right weight bench, you want to make sure it can support both you and your dumbbells or barbells. That's precisely what you get with the Bowflex 5.1 bench, which comes with a weight capacity of 480 pounds. The frame is made from commercial-grade steel, so it's not going to wear out on you any time soon.
There are some bonus perks to further aid you in your weight lifting journey. The leg curl/extension attachment allows you to focus on your legs as much as your arms. The stabilizing levelers help prevent the device from wobbling no matter what surface you have it on.
Consider Bowflex 5.1 Bench if...
- You need to replace an incline and decline bench. This model is all-in-one. It takes the place of multiple pieces of equipment, allowing you to save money in the long run.
- You want a sleek design. The red and black coloring really makes it stand out. It should match with any decor you already have in your home.
- You like something durable. This bench is made out of commercial-grade steel. It's designed to support a lot of weight and stand up to heavy usage.
Avoid Bowflex 5.1 Bench if...
- You need real leather. Some lifters may not like how the upholstery isn't real leather. As such, it may start to degrade sooner.
- You want to carry your bench from room to room. If you need to move your bench often, then you may have some trouble. It's fairly heavy on its own and cumbersome to carry for just one person.
- You like something built for commercial use. This bench is designed for an at-home gym. You shouldn't buy one to put in a gym for many different people to use.
Bowflex 5.1 Weight Bench pros & cons
- 480-pound maximum weight
- Transport wheels
- Adjustable seat pan
- Stabilizing levelers
- Leg extension station
- No stowability
- Short warranty on upholstery
Bowflex 5.1 Weight Bench construction & features
- 6 adjustable positions: 30 degrees, 45 degrees, 60 degrees, 90 degrees, flat, and decline.
- Attachments: Leg curl/extension attachment
Is the Bowflex 5.1 Bench easy to assemble?
The Bowflex 5.1 weight bench comes pretty much fully assembled when it's delivered. All you have to do is tighten the bolts to ensure their integrity. It comes with an Allen wrench to help make that process simpler. It's pretty heavy to lift on your own, but it does come with transport wheels. The only issue is if you need to get it up and down stairs.
Key Bowflex 5.1 Weight Bench Specs
Reasons to buy Bowflex 5.1 Bench?
- You're on a budget. The Bowflex 5.1 bench is very affordable. Even if you don't have a ton of money to spend on your personal gym, you should still be able to purchase this great piece of equipment.
- You want to hit multiple muscle groups. Given the array of positions, you can target numerous muscle groups. This makes it ideal for people who want an all-over regimen.
- You want something simpler than a home gym. Putting something like the Bowflex Revolution together can be a hassle. That's not even getting into the maintenance. A bench may be preferable for some people who just want to lift a little without getting some major piece of machinery.
Reasons to avoid Bowflex 5.1 Bench?
- You want more protection on upholstery. While you're covered for a while on the frame's warranty, the same isn't offered for the material. A lot of reviewers find that it still lasts a while, but if something happens after the first year, you're on your own in terms of repairs.
What real Bowflex 5.1 Bench reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 265 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Bowflex 5.1 Bench receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.8 (across several hundred reviews). Bowflex 5.1 Bench scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Bench is really sturdy, the feet on the bench are adjustable in case your floor isn't perfectly level."
- "This thing is built like a tank, adjustable, and very versatile."
- "It has a leg attachment for doing sit-ups and the bench has five positions for a multitude of exercises."
- "The bench gives you a great amount of flexibility in your workout with the varied inclines available."
- "Worth the money, no regrets."
What reviewers dislike
- "I do wish that the leg piece had a better way to work/store."
- "Was a bit difficult to build as one screw wasn't lined up to the pre constructed slots."
- "[It's] really difficult to get the bench to the 90 degree position."
- "The 'feet' in front are a little annoying."
- "A bit low."
The Bowflex 5.1 bench is a great addition to any workout space. It's affordable, but it still provides you with an assortment of angles and workout options to really take your regimen to the next level. As if that wasn't enough, the steel construction means you can feel confident this bench is going to support you every step of the way.
Some benches out there come with actual leather on the upholstery, but if you don't care about that, then you can save a lot of money by opting for this more affordable option.
Where to buy Bowflex 5.1 Weight Bench
The Bowflex 5.1 bench is available for a great price on Amazon. Check it out and take advantage of their fast, free shipping.