The Bowflex Treadclimber TC5000 boasts a commercial-grade motor that's more than capable of offering you the best out of the machine's 12 intensity levels. It lacks some features found in newer Treadclimbers, such as Bluetooth, but for a compact, ergonomic machine, it's an affordable addition to any home gym.
Is the Bowflex Treadclimber TC5000 treadmill best for you?
The Bowflex Treadclimber TC5000 supports low-impact exercise. While you can attach the 2 treadles together, most people tend to keep them separate to use the machine more as an elliptical. This is ideal for people with knee or joint issues who may not be able to run efficiently.
But that doesn't mean this machine lets you slack. It features 12 intensity levels that you can adjust as you get more used to the device. The LCD display shows you precisely how many calories you've burned in a single session. When weight loss is the ultimate goal, this Treadclimber helps you like few other exercise machines can.
Consider Bowflex Treadclimber TC5000 if...
- You're tired of running. The TC5000 moves your legs in more of an elliptical motion. Not only is it a nice change of pace from jogging, but it's also less abrasive on joints in your legs. And in the event you feel like running, you can lock the treadles in place and run up to 4 miles per hour.
- You're short on space. The TC5000 has much smaller dimensions than a traditional treadmill. It takes up less space, so you have more options regarding where you can put it in your home.
- You want to exert yourself. There are 12 resistance levels the TC5000 comes with. You can start slow and gradually build to something more intense. You're able to push yourself further and burn more calories in the process.
Avoid Bowflex Treadclimber TC5000 if...
- You enjoy sprinting. Even when it's pulled out like a treadmill, it can only reach max speeds of 4 mph. That may not be enough if you want to sprint as the most you can go is a light jog.
- You want user profiles. In many modern Treadclimbers, you can select your weight and height effortlessly so that you get accurate calorie-burning readings. The TC5000 doesn't have that feature, so you need to enter everything manually each time.
- You don't like heavier machines. The TC5000 is hefty, weighing at 185 pounds. If you want to move it around your house, then you may run into problems. It also doesn't fold, so it needs to be out all of the time.
Bowflex Treadclimber TC5000 pros & cons
- Wireless heart rate monitor
- No Bluetooth connectivity
Construction and design
- Motor: The TC5000 comes with a durable commercial-grade motor. Reviewers have noted how it provides years of trouble-free usage.
- Running Surface: It comes with 2 treadles for you to use as basically an elliptical. When put together, they create a lengthy running surface that's great for people of most heights.
- Touchscreen: This Treadclimber comes with 5 LCD readouts to show calories burned, calories burned per minute, distance, speed, and time.
- Speakers: The TC5000 doesn't come with built-in speakers. You're going to need to bring your iPod (or other listening device) and headphones if you want to listen to music while working out.
- Built-in Programs: There aren't any preset programs per se. However, it does come with 12 intensity levels that allow you to increase your resistance and burn more calories.
Key Bowflex Treadclimber TC5000 Specs
Reasons to buy Bowflex Treadclimber TC5000?
- You want to have your gear with you. The TC5000 comes with water bottle holders as well as an ergonomic console for holding a book or tablet. You can stay entertained while exercising.
- You care about safety. The Treadclimber comes with a safety key. In the event you find yourself in some trouble, you can undo the key, and the machine automatically stops. It keeps you and other users in your home protected.
- You need to monitor your heart rate. The TC5000 provides accurate readings of your heart rate. It even comes with a wireless chest strap so that you see precisely how well your body is handling the exertion. With this data, you can remain focused and encouraged.
Reasons to avoid Bowflex Treadclimber TC5000?
- You want to sync the machine with your phone. Modern treadmills and Treadclimbers, such as the Bowflex BXT6, come with Bluetooth connectivity. You can sync the machine with apps on your phone for a more personalized workout. But the TC5000 doesn't come with that.
- You want minimal assembly. Some reviewers have noted how long it takes to get set up with the TC5000. The fact it's so heavy can add to some of the strain. Considering how much you have to spend to get it, you may want greater convenience so that you can start running sooner.
What real Bowflex Treadclimber TC5000 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Bowflex Treadclimber TC5000 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Bowflex Treadclimber TC5000 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I was very impressed with the way this order for a large heavy piece of equipment was handled."
- "We are both very aware of the importance of keeping our heart rate in the target zone (not too low and not too high) while [exercising], the speed control and the heart rate display makes this very easy to do."
- "Arrived on time, easy to assemble. The newer models aren't as good as this one."
- "I purchased the treadclimber because of knee problems and had to stop running on my treadmill. I really like it and wish I had gotten it a long time ago."
- "Very happy with the product and the support received from Bowflex."
What reviewers dislike
- "Two persons must work together to lift and assemble some parts. It took us about 2 hours to put the machine together."
- "[Machine] is very heavy and very difficult to assemble."
- "It does require starting slow at first to get the hang of the separated treads vs a full tread path like a treadmill."
- "The speed will increase and decrease without me doing anything."
- "Other than being over priced, I am happy with it."
The Bowflex Treadclimber TC5000 is a great piece of equipment for weight loss and calorie burnout. The incline training and low-impact sessions allow you to burn a lot without you feeling too much strain on your knees and ankles. Combined with a wireless heart rate monitor, it's clear this is one Treadclimber designed for people serious about their health.
You may have some issues with assembly, but you can add assembly service if you choose to purchase through Amazon. However, once it's built, you can enjoy a great machine with a motor that's built to last.
Where to buy Bowflex Treadclimber TC5000
The Bowflex Treadclimber TC5000 is available on Amazon for the best price. In addition to free shipping with your purchase, you can also receive your new machine in 2 days with an Amazon Prime membership.