The Bowflex Treadclimber TC20 is a 3-in-1 machine, combining a treadmill, elliptical, and stepper into a single package. Through this, it provides a low-impact fitness regimen that's easy on your joints while allowing you to switch up your workout routine with ease.
Is the Bowflex Treadclimber TC20 treadmill best for you?
The Bowflex Treadclimber TC20 is perfect for people serious about their health. It comes with Goal Oriented Coach technology that allows you to personalize your training goals. You can track your progress directly on the machine, and you can even utilize 3 landmark workouts. In essence, this provides the aesthetic you're climbing the steps in the Statue of Liberty as well as other well-known structures.
If that wasn't enough, then it also comes with an integrated pulse monitor. So you can make sure you're within your ideal heart rate zone during every workout. With a thorough report every time you step foot on the Treadclimber, you ensure you're on par to reach your personal fitness goals.
Consider Bowflex Treadclimber TC20 if...
- You need to set goals for yourself. The TC20 is a step up for the Bowflex Treadclimber TC10 in that it offers Goal Oriented Coach technology. This allows you to develop customized training goals for up to 2 different individuals. You can gradually progress your workouts until you're where you want to be fitness-wise.
- You want to burn fat. Incline training, such as that found on the TC20, is far more effective at increasing fat burn rate. It works out your muscles more without placing as much stress on your joints, allowing you to burn more calories in a shorter amount of time.
- You like having a book with you. The TC20 comes with an ergonomic console. This makes it easy to set your book or tablet in front of you. You can read or watch TV with ease, making your workouts more enjoyable.
Avoid Bowflex Treadclimber TC20 if...
- You don't want to spend a lot of money. The TC20 is an advanced machine. As such, it's also fairly expensive. You want to make sure the benefits are worth it to you before making the investment.
- You don't want to walk all the time. The TC20 has a max speed of 4.5 miles per hour. While you can set it up to function as a treadmill, you can't go that fast. The machine's recommended for people who want to take it nice and easy with their workout regimen.
- You want a lot of features. The TC20 doesn't have certain features you find on other Bowflex machines. You don't get internet connection or an iPod port with this particular Treadclimber.
Bowflex Treadclimber TC20 pros & cons
- 5 different workout programs
- Lacks more advanced features
Construction and design
- Motor: The TC20 features a high-quality motor that gives the machine plenty of power to get you through every workout.
- Running Surface: The TC20 comes with 2 treadles. You can use these if you want an elliptical or stepper as part of your workout regimen. However, it's also possible to connect them to form a standard treadmill.
- Touchscreen: The Treadclimber offers a backlit LCD display that clearly showcases calories burned, distance, time, and speed.
- Speakers: There aren't any built-in speakers with this particular Treadclimber.
- Built-in Programs: The TC20 comes with 5 standard workouts as well as 3 "landmark" workouts to help increase your heart rate rapidly while decreasing stress on your joints.
Key Bowflex Treadclimber TC20 Specs
Reasons to buy Bowflex Treadclimber TC20?
- You're short on space. The TC20 only has a footprint of 55" x 31.5". It's a compact machine compared to other treadmills. Plus, it comes with wheels. So in the event you do need to move it around, it's much simpler.
- You like mixing up your routine. The TC20 is a 3-in-1 device. You can walk on a treadmill or get some steps in. Performing different types of exercises is great for your overall health, and this machine allows you to do that without purchasing several different devices.
- You want to charge on the go. The Treadclimber features a USB charging port. This allows you to charge your tablet or phone while you work out, so when you're done, you have a fuller battery.
Reasons to avoid Bowflex Treadclimber TC20?
- You want a longer warranty. Some Treadclimbers come with lifetime warranties. Others give you at least 10 years on certain components. Having 3 years with the TC20 isn't necessarily bad, but if you want better peace of mind, opt for a different model.
- You want to sync your machine to an app. With Bluetooth capability, a Treadclimber can sync with your smartphone. This allows you to monitor progress directly from your phone.
What real Bowflex Treadclimber TC20 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Bowflex Treadclimber TC20 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Bowflex Treadclimber TC20 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I walk 5-6 miles a day but needed to be challenged and the TC20 did the trick."
- "Very easy on the knees and high quality machine."
- "The TC20 is still working very well for me and to date I have shed 30 pounds."
- "I had knee surgery recently and this machine is very easy on all of the joints. My only advice is to go slow and don't give up."
- "I'm very impressed w/ the way it makes you feel, and the ease of working out. Yes it will work your bottom and quads, you can let go of the handles and work your core too."
What reviewers dislike
- "The unit is heavy and is not designed for storage or moving/repositioning daily."
- "Being that I am 6'3' the handlebars are about 1-2" too low for me."
- "Have had issues with the shocks individually. Find that they either clunk on the downstroke until warmed up or clunk on the upstroke after about 15 minutes."
- "The price is higher than other home fitness equipment, and that cost may be prohibitive for some users who would otherwise be able to enjoy it."
- "The electronics in the TC20 are not particularly advanced and seemed rudimentary in comparison to the commercial-grade fitness equipment I use at the gym."
The Bowflex Treadclimber TC20 is a great machine for beginners looking to get more into fitness. It goes easier on your joints and muscles. Since it can't go beyond 4.5 mph, you can't push yourself too hard. Instead, you can take it easy. And when you have it on the elliptical or stepper mode, you can burn more calories faster, which is great for people interested in weight loss.
The TC20 is a great choice for people who may be intimidated by other machines. Regardless of age or mobility, this machine helps you attain greater health in a sleek package.
Where to buy Bowflex Treadclimber TC20
Amazon has the Bowflex Treadclimber TC20 available for the best price. Amazon also places comparable Treadclimbers and treadmills on the TC20 page. This allows you to weigh the pros and cons of each one to figure out which one to put in your own home gym.