The Bowflex BXT116 has incredible features for a standard home cardio trainer. It syncs up perfectly with an array of fitness apps, and you can store up to 4 user profiles. It's great for the entire family, and with a 3.75CHP motor, it can withstand heavier weights and faster speeds compared to the competition.
Is the Bowflex BXT116 Treadmill best for you?
The Bowflex BXT116 Treadmill comes with a number of high-end features that make it well worth its price tag. For starters, it comes with a Burn Rate console, which you can access through the video display screen. It gives you up-to-date calorie burn feedback, so you know precisely how much weight you're losing so that you can adjust speeds and inclines as necessary.
You can share data from the treadmill with your smartphone via Bluetooth. It allows you to start slow and track your progress over time to see how much you've improved. Best of all, you're going to feel great the entire time thanks to the triple-layered running belt with cushioning to lessen the impact on your knees and hips.
Consider Bowflex BXT116 if...
- You need top-of-the-line horsepower. With a 3.75CHP motor, this model is more powerful than plenty of others on the market. It can withstand a great deal of use, even if you want to sprint most of the time.
- You want to burn calories faster. This treadmill provides you with the normal stats, such as distance traveled. However, you also get a breakdown of how many calories you're burning per minute, which should encourage you to train even harder. \
- You like using workout apps. With Bluetooth, you can sync the treadmill with various apps. You can also access different workout programs to train with in addition to the 9 that come preset.
Avoid Bowflex BXT116 if...
- You're on a budget. You can definitely find cheaper treadmills out there. But this one certainly isn't the most expensive around.
- You don't like paying for extras. A lot of people like using apps, but many of them come with monthly fees. It's essentially like having a gym membership all over again, which may defeat the purpose of buying your own treadmill.
Bowflex BXT116 pros & cons
- Real-time customization
- 4 user profiles
- Power incline
- 3-ply tread belt
- Wireless heart rate receiver
- Hasn't been tested for long
- A bit pricey
Construction and design
- Motor: A 3.75CHP motor is strong enough to support runners from all walks of life.
- Running Surface: The belt measures 20" x 60", which should be large enough to accommodate mostly everyone regardless of height.
- Touchscreen: The full-color workout screen displays your stats. There's also a media shelf, so you can engage with other workouts via your tablet or smartphone.
- Speakers: You can plug your music-playing device into the treadmill to have your playlist readily accessible.
- Built-in Programs: There are 9 preset programs with the machine already. An app can give you access to an unlimited number of workouts.
Key Bowflex BXT116 Specs
Reasons to buy Bowflex BXT116?
- You want to try out a bunch of different fitness apps. Your purchase of this treadmill comes with 2-month free trials of Zwift and Dailyburn. It allows you to try them out before deciding if you want to pay for both or just one for the long-term.
- You want settings at your fingertips. You can find both incline and speed settings directly in front of you. So it's easy to change up your routine.
- You want to save space. While the BXT116 is average-sized for a treadmill, it does fold up. That means when it's not in use, you can move the running deck to get more room in your home.
Reasons to avoid Bowflex BXT116?
- You mostly just want to walk. While its features are impressive, it may be overkill for some people. If you're recovering from an injury or are older and plan on just walking or lightly jogging, then you can probably save money with something else such as a Nautilus Elliptical.
What real Bowflex BXT116 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Bowflex BXT116 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Bowflex BXT116 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Great piece of equipment! Looks great, exceptional quality!"
- "I'm 58 years old, female, and I put it together. BAM!!!"
- "This treadmill is very quiet, easy on the joints, and was super easy to put together."
- "I run 5 miles a day and this has been the best purchase I have ever made."
- "I can set my pace and my incline with a quick touch."
What reviewers dislike
- "Only issue I have with it is takes up half the room."
- "Bluetooth is only used to sync your machine with the app for your phone....Not to play music or video through the speakers!!!"
- "Only reason marked hard to store is limitations moving unit due to weight and placement of unit."
- "The wire was crimped when assembled. It took 2 weeks to get part shipped."
- "I would like to be able to adjust times on certain programs but I am pleased with it so far."
The Bowflex BXT116 is a great modern treadmill. It comes with all the features you expect out of a newer model, including Bluetooth capability. Ultimately, this unit works best when you don't mind spending a little extra money to get a fitness app. However, you probably still end up saving money compared to going to a gym and paying for classes.
Where to buy Bowflex BXT116
We searched online and found the best prices for Bowflex machines on Amazon. Check it out plus take advantage of Amazon's free, fast delivery!